Prepare for Teaching
Notre Dame Learning is committed to accompanying you as you prepare your courses to be resilient to disruptions, large or small, and more flexible in general. We will work with you as you develop plans and make adjustments to your courses to make them ready to respond to a variety of circumstances while maintaining the quality of the student learning experience. We have created resources in a variety of formats to support you as you plan and implement design elements and strategies to make your courses resilient. The pathways available are:
- This website version of the Teaching Resilience Playbook. Start with the Introduction.
- The PDF of the playbook.
- The online mini-course.
- Workshops and recordings.
In addition, please see the Instructional Spaces page for info about classroom configuration, cleaning, seating and dismissal, and more.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Re/Designing for Equitable Resilience
3. Day to Day Teaching
- 3.1. Actively Engaging All Students During Class Meetings
- 3.2. Dual-Mode: Accommodating Remote Students
- 3.3. Teaching Fully Online
- 3.4. Teaching as Remote Instructor
- 3.5. Virtual Office Hours & Student Communication
- 3.6. Student Communication
- 3.7. Creating Community
- 3.8. Asynchronous & Synchronous Strategies
- Chapter Bibliography
- 4. Additional Resources