- Dee Fink, L. (2013). Creating Significant Learning Experiences: An Integrated Approach to Designing College Courses. Jossey-Bass.
- Ambrose, S. A., Bridges, M. W., DiPietro, M., Lovett, M. C., & Norman, M. K. (2010). How Learning Works: Seven Research-Based Principles for Smart Teaching.
- Dee Fink, L. (2013). Creating Significant Learning Experiences: An Integrated Approach to Designing College Courses.
- Felder, R. M., & Brent, R. (2016). Teaching and Learning STEM: A Practical Guide.
- Wiggins, G., & McTighe, J. (2005). Understanding by Design. ASCD.
- Mateo, J., & Sangrà, A. (2007). Designing online learning assessment through alternative approaches: facing the concerns. European Journal of open, distance and E-learning, 10(2)
- Wiggins, G. P., & McTighe, J. (2005). Understanding by design. ASCD. Chapter 1
- Freeman, S., Eddy, S. L., McDonough, M., Smith, M. K., Okoroafor, N., Jordt, H., & Wenderoth, M. P. (2014). Active learning increases student performance in science, engineering, and mathematics. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 111(23), 8410–8415. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1319030111
- Knight, J. K., & Wood, W. B. (2005). Teaching more by lecturing less. Cell Biology Education, 4(4), 298–310. https://www.pnas.org/content/111/23/8410
- Prince, M. (2004). Does active learning work? A review of the research. Journal of Engineering Education. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/j.2168-9830.2004.tb00809.x
- Theobald, E. J., Hill, M. J., Tran, E., Agrawal, S., Arroyo, E. N., Behling, S., Chambwe, N., Cintrón, D. L., Cooper, J. D., Dunster, G., Grummer, J. A., Hennessey, K., Hsiao, J., Iranon, N., Jones, L., 2nd, Jordt, H., Keller, M., Lacey, M. E., Littlefield, C. E., … Freeman, S. (2020). Active learning narrows achievement gaps for underrepresented students in undergraduate science, technology, engineering, and math. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 117(12), 6476–6483. https://www.pnas.org/content/117/12/6476
- Walvoord, B. E., & Anderson, V. J. (2009). Effective Grading: A Tool for Learning and Assessment in College.
Creating and Integrating Media
- Brame, C.J. (2015). Effective educational videos. Retrieved July 5, 2020 from http://cft.vanderbilt.edu/guides-sub-pages/effective-educational-videos/.
- Guo, P. J., Kim, J., & Rubin, R. (2014). How video production affects student engagement: an empirical study of MOOC videos. Proceedings of the First ACM Conference on Learning @ Scale Conference, 41–50. http://up.csail.mit.edu/other-pubs/las2014-pguo-engagement.pdf
- Mayer, R. E., & Johnson, C. I. (2008). Revising the redundancy principle in multimedia learning. Journal of Educational Psychology, 100(2), 380–386. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-06184.108.40.2060