Workshops & Programs
Notre Dame Learning units (the Kaneb Center for Teaching Excellence & Office of Digital Learning) along with OIT’s Teaching and Learning Technologies team are offering drop-in online office hours, group consultations, online workshops for all Notre Dame instructors. To learn more or register, check the calendar below (NetID required). ND Learning also offers a self-paced mini-course on resilient teaching based on the same material as our workshops and playbook.
Zoom Open Office Hours: Instructors can visit Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m to 11:00 a.m. for impromptu consultations with ND Learning experts. Note: There will be no office hours on November 3, 2020.
* The calendar below only shows details if you use Google Chrome and are logged in to your Notre Dame account. Alternatively, see our workshops page.
Note: To see the Zoom chat and use it to navigate the videos click the "Discussion" option below the speaker on the left side of the screen.
- D2L Brightspace Demo (Video)
- Instructure Canvas Demo (Video)
- Difficult Conversations in the Classroom (Video, Slides)
- Creating Effective Short Courses | Winter Session (Video, Materials)
- Trauma-Informed Teaching (Video, Slides)
- Introduction to Backward Design (Video, Slides)
- Universal Design for Learning:
- Antiracist Pedagogy (Video, Slides)
- Effective Use of Breakout Rooms (Video, Slides)
- Setting the tone – Using the first day of class to establish norms for safety, conversations, and community (Video, Slides)
- Introduction to Dual-Mode Classrooms (Video, Slides)
- Transparent Assignment Design (Video, Slides)
- Online Teaching Effectiveness: An Introduction to Best Practice (Video, Slides)
- Rethinking Your Course Design for Resilient Teaching (Video, Slides)
- Assessing Learning in Resilient Teaching (Video, Handout & Slides)
- Assessing Participation, Preparation, and Attendance (Video, Slides)
- Strategies for Effective Active Learning and Group Collaboration (Video, Slides)
- Synchronous & Asynchronous Teaching with Zoom (Video, Slides)
- Introduction to Sakai (Video)
- Creating Assessments in Sakai (Video, Slides)
- Optimizing Sakai for Resilient Teaching (Video, Handout & Slides)
- Selecting/Creating Asynchronous Content (Video, Slides)
- Panopto Basics (video creation & distribution) (Video, Slides)
- Engaging Students with Perusall (Video)